CIX is pleased to announce the release of 1.1 of CIXReader for Windows desktop computers. 1.1 now includes search facilities, an improved layout, performance improvements and additional scripting support.
CIXReader can be downloaded from http://www.cixonline.com/cixreader.asp
OR from the Settings Cog | Check for Update within CIXReader itself.
A detailed list of changes can be found below
* Message search capability, across a topic or forum.
* Added optional status bar that shows background activities.
* Added support for scripting via Lua. See http://developer.cixonline.com/cixreaderapi.aspx for details.
* Added option to disable rendering markdown codes in messages.
* Root font now configurable in Theme Editor.
* Can now configure the message pane font separately.
* Can now compact a database from Settings.
* Can now resign a forum or topic via the forums list popup menu.
* Can force refresh a specific folder or forum.
* New ‘G’ command to go to a specific message.
* New default theme. The old theme is now renamed “Blue” in Settings.
* Log files can now be optionally archived.
* User’s account type is now shown on the Account page.
* Performance improvements under the hood.
* UI style tweaks.
* Fix potential crash on startup with splitter bar.
* Fix bug with folder counts getting out of sync.
* Fix a bug where Ctrl+C and Reply does not pick up selected text in three pane mode.
* Add more validation to a private message recipient name.
* Check main window position on startup and ensure it is constrained to the desktop.
* Allow re-ordering a forum to underneath the Draft folder.
* Remove selection toggle when clicking on items.
* Fix bug where thread items show expanded in three pane mode.
* Add ‘W’ shortcut key for Withdraw messages.
* Fix exception when restarting CIXReader after it was shut down while minimised.
* Fix NHunspellExtender exception when minimising editor.
* Fixed root message font size with Large theme.
* Keyboard Help window is now modeless.
* Added some custom words to the spelling checker.
* Minor bug fixes.
We have also made the following changes to the CIX API
1. User.Account.Get to get the authenticated user’s account type.
2. When a private message is posted, an e-mail is sent to the recipient’s address on file to notify them that a message is waiting.
3. Added Forums.AllMessagesGlobal.Get to return all messages since a specified date.
4. Added Forum.ResignTopic to resign a topic.