CIX is proud to announce a brand new client for reading and posting to CIX through Windows – CIXReader. CIXReader is bursting with new features that help to keep you up to date with all your forums, so you never miss a post.
A Distant Memory
Thanks to the new CIXReader you can forget:
- Telnet: Now CIXReader connects through a secure HTTPS API meaning you can be rid of telnet and have messages downloaded quickly to maintain the CIX experience.
- Blinking: Messages are synchronised automatically, and posted instantly, reducing any OLR Lag problems.
- Broken Threads: The aim of CIX Reader is to simplify the messaging system, so even when you move machines, you’ll still be able to access the same messages and forums quickly.
- Confusing Menus: CIXReader features just four headings- Forums, Messages, Directory, Account – to help you navigate.
Thanks to the new CIXReader, you will now enjoy:
- Access to private messages: bringing the feature to the desktop world, you can now access messages between you and another user.
- Font Styling: retained from Ameol2 and across CIX
- Improved Layout/Multi-pane view: choose from two pane or three pane view, whichever you prefer. Both still support threading.
- Moderator features: Moderators can still withdraw posts and also post in read-only topics. New topics can be created in CIXForums web interface.
- Simple install: download, confirm, login and go!
- Starred messages: to return to a message for later, just star it, and you’ll be able to find it when you’re ready to reply.
- Auto-updates: never miss a bug fix or an update, as CIXReader will let you know when an update is available.
You can obtain the new CIXReader from: http://www.cixonline.com/cixreader.asp
Support for CIXReader can be found in cix:cix.support/cixreader
FAQs and help files can be found at http://www.cixonline.com/support.asp
Watch this space for more information about the Linux and Mac versions.
And our thanks go to Steve Palmer and the Beta testing team for their help on this development project.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.